Results 1 to 2 of 2
Site Terms & Conditions27th Nov 2010, 01:05 #1
Access to and use of thedaftclub.com is subject to the following terms:
The use of the term "forum" means the forum itself and all embedded facilities provided therein including the private messaging, chat room and reporting facilities.
The term "posts" and "contributions" are both used to signify the written material submitted during the active use of the "forum".
1. By registering and using the forum you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately you press the "accept" button when you register as a contributor to the forum. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms please do not access and use the forum.
2. The owners may change these terms at any time by posting changed text online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made. You may review these terms at any time by following the links provided. Your continued use of the forum after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
3. This forum is intended for use by adults and in the interests of child protection those under the age of 13 may not register or participate as a contributor to it.
4. When registering or using the forum you must provide a valid email address which you may choose to hide from general view if you wish.
Use of the forum
5. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the forum content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
6. You agree to use the forum only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the forum. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the forum.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
7. Under no circumstances will the owners be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the forum regardless of the form of action.
8. The owners do not warrant that functions contained within the forum will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the forum or its associated website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
9. The content of any posts or private messages are the property of the contributor making the post or originating the private message. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, by estoppel or otherwise any license or right to use the posts or private messages or any other contribution or their content without the express permission of the owner thereof.
10. You agree to use the forum in accordance with the following rules.
Posts and other contributions:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Do not post, embed within a post or link to any material belonging to a third party without their express consent and without acknowledging their copyright. This may include, but is not limited to, illegal filesharing websites, music or software. Posts that contain material such as magazine articles or reports must be properly acknowledged.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the forum or annoying other users or as a means of circumventing any suspension or exclusion for rule infringement, you may have action taken against your user accounts.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the forum.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material.
- No advertising
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed.
- No impersonation of another person when contributing to the forum, this will be considered a serious breach of the rules.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names, The use of clearly humorous and obvious aliases is permitted within reason.
- You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) that contain unlawful or objectionable content as defined above.
- Do not post any content which may lead to the identification of a child under the age of 16
- Do not reveal the content of a private message to any third party without the permission of the owner of the message. Private messages are just that and revealing their content breaches copyright laws and will reduce confidence in the facility
- If you are requested to cease sending private messages, whether in respect of a specific topic or in total, by a recipient you are to do so immediately
- Deliberate misuse or frivolous use of the reporting facility is not permitted. If you persist in misusing the reporting facility action may be taken against your account.
- Contributors are responsible for their own safety and should consider the appropriateness of revealing personal details such as address or telephone numbers.
- You may not contribute to or embed within any post to the forum defamatory or illegal material of any nature. This includes text, graphics, video, audio or programs or any links to such material.
- Contributing posts or other material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit posts and materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in the forum are those of the individual contributors who are members of the public, they are not necessarily those of the owners or operators of the forum and its associated website.
The owners and operators of the site are not responsible for the content of any posts or other contributions to the forum. They cannot assess or confirm the validity of any posts and they are unable to monitor posts to ensure that they conform to these rules or whether or not they are lawful.
Users are responsible for their own contributions at all times
This is a moderated site and therefore if any contributor wishes to report any perceived breach of these rules they should use the "report this post" button to be found on the main post screen, or contact the Daft Club Team. You will be required to state the reason for your report and identify the text that you wish to report. Please do not use the forum, the private messaging or the chat room facilities to report any perceived breaches of these rules publicly. The moderating team cannot respond to reports that are not received using the proper reporting facility.
Use of the reporting facility will ensure anonymity to the user making the report and the moderating team will respect that anonymity. We cannot ensure anonymity if you choose to make your report public through the forum or chat room or if the source of the report would be clearly obvious to the owner of the reported contribution.
On receipt of a report the moderating team will investigate whether a breach of the rules has taken place and decide on the proper response to any breach they discover. If in their sole view a breach has taken place they will inform the owner of the reported contribution and request him or her to take appropriate action to rectify the matter voluntarily.
Failure to abide by the rules of this forum may result in the following action:
- your post may be removed altogether;
- third party articles that do not acknowledge copyright or for which permission to use has not been obtained will be removed;
- your post may be removed altogether if you fail to rectify it following a report about it that is upheld;
- your individual access to the private messaging facility may be blocked
- your use of a signature and/or avatar may be blocked
- your user account may be subject to temporary suspension and you will not be able to make use of the forum;
If you post offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on the forum, or engage in any disruptive behaviour on the forum which the owners consider to be serious and/ or aggravated they may use whatever information that is available about it to ensure that you stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as the law enforcement agencies, your employer if relevant, or your email provider about the infringement(s).
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Last edited by Spud in Disguise; 9th Apr 2012 at 13:56. Reason: Updated rule #4 to make the situation regarding illegal file sharing clearer
By CLONACIANO2.0 in forum Your MusicReplies: 3Last Post: 5th May 2010, 00:48